I had stepped into the Lakme Fashion Week (LFW) extravaganza in 2009 and felt like Alice in Wonderland… over the past five years now, the ‘wow’ feel settled down a bit but what still thrills me the most is the ‘Happy Stress’ about- What to wear!
That is a ‘girl thing’ probably and we all want to look our best most of the time. But when it comes to decoding fashion from the ramp, and also keeping on trend off it, it all seems like ‘Oh my God!’
By now I have realized that a few pretty butterflies in the stomach actually helps to get the best out of me. So did I feel more groomed and evolved over the past five fashionable days of LFW? Well, here’s the fashionable lessons that I picked up and how.
So my five take-aways from this year’s Lakme Fashion Week Winter/Festive 2014 are:
- Long skirts and crop tops are here to stay, whether it is summer or winter fashion statements one wants to make with them. Of course the materials can vary and the layering can change as per the season.
- Floral prints are ever green, a few leaves and other botanical elements can be added from time to time.
- The classic black and white rules the hearts as always and checks are effortlessly fashion savvy forever.
- Hot pink lipsticks are an instant pick-me-up, any time of the day. They simply make the pouts stand out as pretty and sensual at the same time. Just the right combination women would want.
- Finally, coming to the crowning glory that can make or break a look, the good news is that hair can stay effortless and messy. So bad hair days actually got stylish!
As a personal take, I feel that no matter how you want to look, just feel ‘wow’ about being YOURSELF and that will make all the happy difference!