Getting the festive look right is easy when you mix and match the classy and the contemporary. That’s how you can stay on trend but rope in tradition at the same time. For that Diwali special look, here’s what you can try:
Go Indo-western: You will be able to achieve a boho-fusion look.
• Even if you do not wear ethnic clothes, wear traditional motifs or elements as prints on western silhouettes.
• Make sure the fit is semi-formal and the fabric is classy.
Let your make-up sparkle: Opt for a sparkling eye makeup.
• Outline the eyes neatly with khol pencil and smudge the edges softly. Keeps the line defining the waterline close to the lower lashes sharp.
• Touch up the eyelids with a hint of purple and blend it to the outer corners. From the middle of the upper eyelid smear glitter powder that you like.
• Your best bet can be the latest M.A.C Reflects Pearl in silver or gold to open up your eyes. Brush out the lashes with loads of mascara.
Try head turning hairstyle: Try the side braid that is making heads turn currently. It is simple and you can do it yourself.
• Brush all the hair on one side and start braiding neatly by weaving the strands such that the plait cuts across the face or close to it, like a textured fringe.
• Add an interesting hair accessory to bring on the traditional finish.
No matter what you do, have a Wow Diwali!
Photo credit: Sanifa Dias
Makeup by: M.A.C Cosmetics Artist, Manseey Vorra from MAC PRO Store, Juhu
Accessories: Ear cuff used as headgear from Forever21