It is the1st Monday of February and there are four more to follow. If suddenly this shortest month of the year seems too long for you, plan something exciting. This is also the most romantic month with Valentine’s Day coming up on 14th February, so you can start your celebrations right away by going for a romantic lunch or dinner with your beloved today?
A WoW Treat
The sea food festival at the South of Vindhyas at The Orchid, Mumbai is not worth missing out on. Today being the last day of this festival that started on 22nd Jan and my friends have been raving about it, here’s what I tried myself last evening!!!
- Begin with a soup like the Nandu Rasam which is a spiced broth of crab.
- Indulge in the golden fried crispy Bombay duck starter that goes by the name of Talela Bombil.
- With a big appetite move on to Prawn biryani which is the perfect, aromatic medley of prawn and rice.
- Order in a Kingfish specialty from Andhra Chapala Kura to relish by the side.
- Have a mix of healthy vegetables cooked in tempered lentil and coconut gravy that is called Kootu of the day.
- Also, a Tomato pappu is a tomato flavoured dal that is a must try.
- Finish with a lip smacking dessert like Pazham Porichathu.
The 30 varieties of hand-picked fishes like Pomfret, Surmai, Basa, Mackerel, Tuna, Ghol, Shellfish and more, that are the pearls of the ocean are a wow treat for a culinary lover.
The fresh catch is brought in by local fishermen and served just the way a guest wants. The live cooking takes place along with performances of popular Koli songs to add to the mood.