With the Lakme Fashion Week around the corner, I had experts from the Lakme Absolute salon to showcase two ‘ramp ready’ beauty statements. Here’s why you should try them –these haute looks work perfectly for all face shapes and hair types to bring out the diva in the girl next door!
As the Holi parties continue and Easter is to follow, the Spring/Summer festive mood is getting exciting with each passing day. Here’s your chance to sport them and look WoW! The best part is that you can actually transform your day look to the evening glam with just a few quick tricks.
DIY to beat the heat with them this season:
Makeup mantra: Keep it soft and subtle
- Face: Apply a light foundation and use a concealer if required. Keep the finish dewy instead of matte and try light contouring that works best for the day.
- Cheeks: Smile and apply an apricot shade of blush to add that instant glow to your complexion.
- Eyes: Define the outline of the eyes with a smudged liner. Brush out the lashes with loads of mascara to open up the eyes.
- Lips: Keep the lip colour to a nude shade like pale pink that will balance the look.Hairstyle:
Braids have always been in fashion and adding a sporty edge to it, try the boxer braids now!
DIY: Opt for a deep side parting and using a tail comb, pick up the strands of the hair close to the hair line. Make tight braids that look like trendy cornrows.
Tie a side pony, braid or bun to keep the rest of the hair in place, all day.
You can instantly upgrade the day look to evening glam…
Makeup mantra: Go high on shimmer
- Face: Mattify the face with blotting tissues and refresh the base with makeup fixing spray. Apply a compact and shine powder to add an instant glow.
- Cheeks: Sculpt your cheek bones with a warm, feminine colour like pink.
Eyes: Add a dash of shimmer on the eyes lids and the cheeks to accentuate the features by reflecting light.
- Lips: Define your pout with a vibrant red and add oodles of gloss for a shimmery finish.Hairstyle:
Side swept styles are always red-carpet chic and create the illusion of volume instantly!
DIY: Keep the boxer braids on and simply open up the hair such that the length falls over one shoulder. Use your fingers to comb out the tangles and frizz.
-Photo credit-Akshay Singh Jamwal
Makeup and Hair by Lakme Absolute Salon
-Makeup by Meenakshi Rathod and
-Hairstyling by Karen Tauro
Venue: Lakme Absolute Salon, Bandra