Yoga is the science of living and hence the knowledge of this subject is essential for our wellbeing. We all know that a harmonic combination of the physical and mental health leads to our overall wellbeing. So in order to live a balanced life, the power of yoga needs to be explored to its fullest potential. Most traditional form of yoga is classical yoga and in today’s world, it can be an amour to protect us from the stress that is generated from our modern lifestyle.
The Yoga Institute is the world’s oldest organized center for Yoga established in 1918 by Shri Yogendraji, who is also known as the Father of Modern Yoga Renaissance. Celebrating the journey of transforming lives over the 100 years, Harmony Fest has been organized as India’s Biggest Wellness festival.
Over the two days, this event is expected to have more than 10,000 footfalls of yoga lovers from all across the country.
President Ramnath Kovind will inaugurate the 100 years’ celebrations of The Yoga Institute to make it a memorable event.
FROM THE GURU HERSELF:
Smt. Hansaji Jayadeva Yogendra, Director of The Yoga Institute, is the only woman
yoga guru to be invited by Hon. Prime Minister of India Shri Narendra Modi to share
the stage alongside him, at the first International Yoga Day, in 2015.
Sharing her views, she says, “Yoga is derived from nature. If you observe animals, they wake up and stretch themselves effortlessly. The rules are simple and you need to control your breathing that in turn will help you to control your mind. So, it is important to live in the now and experience the present instead of dwelling in the past or worrying about the future. What makes it ideal for modern lifestyle is the fact that it is applied yoga that is taught at The Yoga Institute. The teachings are simple to help an individual easily incorporate into his or her lifestyle. The idea is to make yoga a way of life.”
What to look forward to at the Harmony Fest:
· A GOOD FOOD FESTIVAL about healthy food with celebrities like Chef Ranveer Brar, Chef Pankaj Bhadouria. It will include Food Trucks and Stalls, a Marketplace, a Farmers’ Market, and more.
· Get fitter with RUJUTA DIWEKAR, India’s leading sports science and nutrition expert and amongst the world’s most followed Nutritionists.
· HARMONY STAGE will feature performances by Symphony Stage & Musical bands, with illustrious names like Shankar Mahadevan, Sukhwinder Singh, Rekha Bhardwaj and bands and musical acts like Dharavi Rocks, Indian Ocean, Prem Joshua, Flamenco Kathaa and Kabir Café.
· TALKS AND PANEL DISCUSSIONS ON YOGA
with celebrated experts like Gaur Gopal Das, Dr H R Nagendra, Chidanand ji Saraswati, Dr D R Kartikeyan, Dr Lokesh Muni, Dr ChInmaya Pandya, Sadhvi Bhagwati Saraswati, a YogTalk by Laxmi Narayan Tripathi, and others.
· 4 YOGA WORKSHOPS:
• Bhavas Workshop,
• Asana Workshop,
• Women’s Health Workshop,
• Couples’ Workshop
· MEDITATION PODS to relax and unwind
Don’t miss the HARMONY FESTIVAL
On 28-29 Dec,
12 noon-9 pm,
at MMRDA Ground, BKC