I always thought that being a Bengali, I am blessed with good hair. To change my hairstyle, I either get a hair cut or colour. But for once I tried the flash points at the Advanced Hair Studio and now I know the difference. Here’s the head turning story.
It is your crowning glory that makes you a real headturner. Valentine’s Day is of course that red letter day on the calendar, when you want to look your best. So if you love your hair, now is the perfect time to pamper it even more!
Getting the festive look right is easy when you mix and match the classy and the contemporary. That’s how you can stay on trend but rope in tradition at the same time. For that Diwali special look, here’s what you can try:
Go Indo-western:You will be able to achieve a boho-fusion look.
• Even if you do not wear ethnic clothes, wear traditional motifs or elements as prints on western silhouettes.
• Make sure the fit is semi-formal and the fabric is classy.
Let your make-up sparkle:Opt for a sparkling eye makeup.
• Outline the eyes neatly with khol pencil and smudge the edges softly. Keeps the line defining the waterline close to the lower lashes sharp.
• Touch up the eyelids with a hint of purple and blend it to the outer corners. From the middle of the upper eyelid smear glitter powder that you like.
• Your best bet can be the latest M.A.C Reflects Pearl in silver or gold to open up your eyes. Brush out the lashes with loads of mascara.
Try head turning hairstyle:Try the side braid that is making heads turn currently. It is simple and you can do it yourself.
• Brush all the hair on one side and start braiding neatly by weaving the strands such that the plait cuts across the face or close to it, like a textured fringe.
• Add an interesting hair accessory to bring on the traditional finish.
No matter what you do, have a Wow Diwali! -Sayanti Banerjee
Photo credit: Sanifa Dias
Makeup by: M.A.C Cosmetics Artist, Manseey Vorra from MAC PRO Store, Juhu Accessories: Ear cuff used as headgear from Forever21
It is that festive time of the year to add a sparkle to your world literally. Spell magic with beautiful décor and make this Diwali wow. Here’s what I am planning to do:
• I choose to pick up handcrafted bottles from my friend Monali’s collection. They are made with love and that passion reflects in every piece of ornamentation that has gone into it.
• They have a DIY appeal as she has taken wine bottles of the same colour and given them different looks with her creative vision. You too can try it at home and the add-ons are as simple as silk threads, beads, sequins and the likes.
• You can place golden leaves in them for the day and have strings of lights for the evening. Use your imagination to decorate them the way you like and simply feel WoW!
It’s Halloween time and if you have not already got into the Gothic mood to bring on your evil best and party, do so now… It is about having as much fun as possible by bringing out the child in you and not being judgmental for a change. So go ahead and be the angel or the devil that you see in your mirror and celebrate your true self!
Here’s how to bring on that Wow spirit:
Get into a costume to get the look of the character you wish to play out on Halloween. You do not need to buy one if you can actually mix and match a few from your wardrobe to make a spooky style statement. You can play around with some skull motifs and devil horn accessories go ahead and say boo in style…
Keep the makeup quirky and fun by wearing the darkest shade of eyeshadow and lip colours to your hearts content. They can also smudge in all directions with a loud ‘who cares’ attitude!!!
Tie your hair crazy by doing a crimped, scrunched or dual textured look. You can also make a power quiff, mohawk or create shapes. Also dare to chop your hair in a buzzed hairdo for a self-shocking effect? Try!!!
Cutting or colouring your hair often, may not be feasible but you can surely change the way you look with stylish hair accessories. Even if you stock up just 3 of them, invest only in the best!
Here’s how to look wow with them effortlessly:
1# Bow clip- If you have to bank on a single hair accessory to change your look, vouch for a bow clip.
DIY: Push your hair over to one shoulder and simply clip on this hair accessory on the other side, to pretty up your side-profile and how.
2# Bobbing pin – These basic hair pins have gone a notch higher now with fashion colours and metallic hues. DIY: For a party look, simply make a deep side parting and clip on a few golden bobbing pins in a row to nail this chic, trendy look. It flatters every face shape with a ‘cute girl’ feel.
3# Floral hair band- will help to rope in the pretty and the boho-chic elements together.
DIY: Wear a chain of rosettes like a tiara or a band around your head. Leave the rest of your hair open, a bit scrunched and messy with a subtle middle parting.