While the festive season is officially over for now, the fun continues. On a weekend, you would get those cravings to eat out and re-live those recent holiday memories with friends and family. But at the same time, you would not wish to pile on fat unnecessarily, having got back to your usual routine. The challenge is to find a mid path?
Well I would suggest that while doing so, opt for a place that serves healthy food options.
I recently came across a place called Long & Short by the Queen’s Necklace, Mumbai. It is a premium Bistro and restaurant at the Inter Continental Marine Drive. Continue reading “Art of Eating Smart”→
It is that festive time of the year to add a sparkle to your world literally. Spell magic with beautiful décor and make this Diwali wow. Here’s what I am planning to do:
• I choose to pick up handcrafted bottles from my friend Monali’s collection. They are made with love and that passion reflects in every piece of ornamentation that has gone into it.
• They have a DIY appeal as she has taken wine bottles of the same colour and given them different looks with her creative vision. You too can try it at home and the add-ons are as simple as silk threads, beads, sequins and the likes.
• You can place golden leaves in them for the day and have strings of lights for the evening. Use your imagination to decorate them the way you like and simply feel WoW!
Diwali is the best time to catch up with family and friends. This weekend marks the beginning of the countdown to the big festive days and you should simply make it wow. Head to O:h Cha for a hearty party and try the best of PAN Asian cuisine there.
As the name suggests, O:h Cha that means delicious in Thai language, lives up to its tall claim. You certainly need a big appetite to try the meals for lunch or dinner. Here’s what to indulge in for sure:
# Feel refreshed by saying cheers with a glass of bubbly wine, cocktail or mocktail from the exotic menu.
#You can begin with TOM JEUD JAE glass noodle clear soup and SOM TOM Thai spicy raw papaya salad if you are a bit health conscious.
#Once you get to the appetizers, forget all about the calories and have a feast with KAI THWAD TAKRAI. You can call for STIR FRIED CHICKEN, TOFU OR TURNIP CAKES as well.
# Get spoilt for choice with different styles of rice and noodles as per you preference.
#Finish with sinfully good desserts like GOOEY CHOCOLATE CAKE!
Venue: O:h cha – kitchen & bar
Unit 1, The New Mahalaxmi Silk Mills Premises, Mathurdas Mills Compound, Lower Parel,, Lower Parel, Lower Parel, Mumbai 400013
It’s Halloween time and if you have not already got into the Gothic mood to bring on your evil best and party, do so now… It is about having as much fun as possible by bringing out the child in you and not being judgmental for a change. So go ahead and be the angel or the devil that you see in your mirror and celebrate your true self!
Here’s how to bring on that Wow spirit:
Get into a costume to get the look of the character you wish to play out on Halloween. You do not need to buy one if you can actually mix and match a few from your wardrobe to make a spooky style statement. You can play around with some skull motifs and devil horn accessories go ahead and say boo in style…
Keep the makeup quirky and fun by wearing the darkest shade of eyeshadow and lip colours to your hearts content. They can also smudge in all directions with a loud ‘who cares’ attitude!!!
Tie your hair crazy by doing a crimped, scrunched or dual textured look. You can also make a power quiff, mohawk or create shapes. Also dare to chop your hair in a buzzed hairdo for a self-shocking effect? Try!!!
‘9 out of 10 people like chocolates’ and the 10th person is lying…
‘WoW’ I totally agree!
To satisfy my chocolate cravings that I no longer shy away from, I indulged myself @Artisan.
Here are the 9 reasons why you should try it too…
1. The newly opened Chocolaterie is a very French concept and you can live up this international experience.
2. You can pair your chocolates with tea, coffee or wine to go with.
3. Artisan can satisfy your chocolate cravings 24/7.
4. Pastry Chef Hanumanta Dhotre, has over 15 years of experience in the hospitality industry, his myriad food & beverage innovations will make you forget all about calories.
5. You must-try ¬–
• Dark Chocolate Coconut Truffle,
• Pumpkin Caramel Ganache,
• Mangiferra (which blends in mango cream with crunchy coco nibs)
6. The décor is classy with a contemporary finish where you can click some pretty selfies.
7. Watch out for the chocolate making classes to learn the art of chocolate making, yourself.
8. There are gifting options as well, so you can take back some yummies for your dear ones too.
9. The sit down lounging space makes you feel relaxed and ready for a sweet conversation…
10th one –
you should discover for yourself and feel Wow! -Sayanti Banerjee Venue: Sofitel Mumbai BKC
When you wish to wear a tight casual top or a well fitted party dress, the fitting of your innerwear defines the look from within. I decided to shop for fancy yet functional lingerie that would be ‘fabulous, as I am’!
I took my pick from Enamor’s spring/summer 2015 collection with Parisian theme. The Eiffel tower motif which is an iconic symbol for fashion, is my all-time-favourite. So I definitely wanted to select the bra with that print on it as it spelled the elements of glamour, elegance and romance from my dream city, Paris. But what makes it wow is the fact that:
#The fit is perfect and can make any simple outfit that you wear it with, look graceful no matter what is your body shape.
#The satin finish feels good on the skin and is ideal for a hot humid day as well.
#The straps are cute enough to be flaunted with a tube dress without looking OTT (over-the-top) or vulgar at all.
By adding such a ‘confidence booster’ to my wardrobe, I felt WoW!
It is just Tuesday, but your heart is longing to get to the weekend… For an instant ‘pick-me-up’ feel, go out for dinner post work?
Try savoring the flavors from across the world with mouth-watering cuisines from Spain, Peru, Thailand and beyond for a happy change!
‘Hungry Bird’ in Seven Bunglows, Andheri West, was my ‘Wow’ food find last week and I do not mind going back for more this evening!
Here are the lip-smacking, mood boosters from the exotic platter that you must indulge in:
#Papas ala diabla Chunks of fried potato tossed with cream, cheese, chipotle and black pepper
#Huevo cabreados Spanish way of fried egg and shoestring fries, served with aioli and spicy tomato salsa
#Anticuchos de pollo Peruvian chicken skewers marinated with olive oil and amazing garnishing
Though a small eating joint, what makes it ‘WoW’ is the fact that the food is served with love!