Getting the festive look right is easy when you mix and match the classy and the contemporary. That’s how you can stay on trend but rope in tradition at the same time. For that Diwali special look, here’s what you can try:
Go Indo-western: You will be able to achieve a boho-fusion look.
• Even if you do not wear ethnic clothes, wear traditional motifs or elements as prints on western silhouettes.
• Make sure the fit is semi-formal and the fabric is classy.
Let your make-up sparkle: Opt for a sparkling eye makeup.
• Outline the eyes neatly with khol pencil and smudge the edges softly. Keeps the line defining the waterline close to the lower lashes sharp.
• Touch up the eyelids with a hint of purple and blend it to the outer corners. From the middle of the upper eyelid smear glitter powder that you like.
• Your best bet can be the latest M.A.C Reflects Pearl in silver or gold to open up your eyes. Brush out the lashes with loads of mascara.
Try head turning hairstyle: Try the side braid that is making heads turn currently. It is simple and you can do it yourself.
• Brush all the hair on one side and start braiding neatly by weaving the strands such that the plait cuts across the face or close to it, like a textured fringe.
• Add an interesting hair accessory to bring on the traditional finish.
No matter what you do, have a Wow Diwali!
Photo credit: Sanifa Dias
Makeup by: M.A.C Cosmetics Artist, Manseey Vorra from MAC PRO Store, Juhu
Accessories: Ear cuff used as headgear from Forever21
Diwali is the best time to catch up with family and friends. This weekend marks the beginning of the countdown to the big festive days and you should simply make it wow. Head to O:h Cha for a hearty party and try the best of PAN Asian cuisine there.
As the name suggests, O:h Cha that means delicious in Thai language, lives up to its tall claim. You certainly need a big appetite to try the meals for lunch or dinner. Here’s what to indulge in for sure:
# Feel refreshed by saying cheers with a glass of bubbly wine, cocktail or mocktail from the exotic menu.
#You can begin with TOM JEUD JAE glass noodle clear soup and SOM TOM Thai spicy raw papaya salad if you are a bit health conscious.
#Once you get to the appetizers, forget all about the calories and have a feast with KAI THWAD TAKRAI. You can call for STIR FRIED CHICKEN, TOFU OR TURNIP CAKES as well.
# Get spoilt for choice with different styles of rice and noodles as per you preference.
#Finish with sinfully good desserts like GOOEY CHOCOLATE CAKE!
Venue: O:h cha – kitchen & bar
Unit 1, The New Mahalaxmi Silk Mills Premises, Mathurdas Mills Compound, Lower Parel,, Lower Parel, Lower Parel, Mumbai 400013
You might have the right makeup, hair and outfit on, but the footwear you wish to wear, can make or break the look. In order to put your best foot forward, you need to match the style of shoes with your attire and here’s how to do it:
1# Ballerinas: These pretty shoes grace your feet beautifully. Sans heels, they are comfortable for walking around or running as well. You can opt for floral prints or graphic motifs to upgrade the fashion quotient of your casual wear.
2# Wedges: These heels are high on comfort but well-heeled for style. Balancing it out literally, you can wear this style of footwear for work as well as an outing.
3# Peep-toes: This style of footwear is for the girl with pedicured feet. As a part of ultra-chic grooming, your nail paint would need to complement the colours of your outfit.
4# Boots: Edgy, funky and fun is how you would want to style yourself, once you get into boots. As the length increases from ankle length to calf-high styles, you bring on the persona of the boho-chic, Texas cowboy girl. It’s grungy all the way!
5# Stilettos: Classy and red-carpet poise is what you can spell with these sleek heels. They make the legs appear visually lengthened as you step into them and walk in style. Perfect party wear to boost your glam quotient.
Photo credit: Yogita Verma
I completely agree with their philosophy that — ‘no one can be a better you than you!’
So this golden sling bag from the second edition of “Play the Life Game” Campaign is my latest find!
Here’s why it is simply ‘WoW’:
#The matte gold colour and smooth texture makes for a chic, classy style statement. I can carry it for a party beyond work or a casual outing. Perfect for a Friday!
# It is spacious and looks smart at the same time. I can fit in whatever I need from day to evening.
# As a versatile accessory, I can pair it with any kind of outfit be it a skirt and top, dress or denims. Also, It complements prints, bling and solid colours effortlessly.
A must-have for a WoW girl!
Photo credit: Yogita Verma
If you have been shopping for clothes mostly, try picking up different accessories for a change. By mixing and matching a few of them, you can wear the same outfit differently. I felt WoW picking 5 pieces from Accessorize to redefine my look in the red floral printed dress.
Here’s how to do it in style:
1# Dare to wear a floral tiara: With this ultra feminine hair accessory you can make heads turn at a brunch…
2# Swing along a sling bag: A purse with a cute motif can complement your casual chic style effortlessly. Choose the one you like to carry for some quirky fun element.
3# Throw on your sunglasses: While you need to protect your eyes from the UV rays of the sun, sport the one that frames your face well. A sexy pair of aviators can boost your glam quotient instantly.
4 # All ears for cuffs: If you wish to go subtle with your style, try ear cuff that graces a single ear lobe. Push your hair on the other side, over your shoulder and flaunt a celeb-style, side profile?
5 # Neckpiece to match: You can dress up your look effortlessly with a nice neck piece that sits pretty gracing your collarbone. It would spell classic for an evening date!
Here is how to do it:
• Try #Strobing by highlighting your facial bones, with shimmery powder but make sure to blend it in perfectly with your BB cream. Let the world see only your natural glow!
• Define your eyes with a sleek line of eyeliner and pretty up the lashes with coats of mascara.
• Its completely OK to wear a fuchsia pout to work if you can do so with confidence. Who cares what the rest have to say…
• Keep the hairdo simple and stylish with a defined side parting and a chic finish.
• Wear subtle accessory like studs or mini ear rings to keep the over all look power-packed and classy.
Photo credit: Yogita Verma
‘WoW’ I totally agree!
To satisfy my chocolate cravings that I no longer shy away from, I indulged myself @Artisan.
Here are the 9 reasons why you should try it too…
1. The newly opened Chocolaterie is a very French concept and you can live up this international experience.
2. You can pair your chocolates with tea, coffee or wine to go with.
3. Artisan can satisfy your chocolate cravings 24/7.
4. Pastry Chef Hanumanta Dhotre, has over 15 years of experience in the hospitality industry, his myriad food & beverage innovations will make you forget all about calories.
5. You must-try ¬–
• Dark Chocolate Coconut Truffle,
• Pumpkin Caramel Ganache,
• Mangiferra (which blends in mango cream with crunchy coco nibs)
6. The décor is classy with a contemporary finish where you can click some pretty selfies.
7. Watch out for the chocolate making classes to learn the art of chocolate making, yourself.
8. There are gifting options as well, so you can take back some yummies for your dear ones too.
9. The sit down lounging space makes you feel relaxed and ready for a sweet conversation…
10th one –
you should discover for yourself and feel Wow!
Venue: Sofitel Mumbai BKC
#1 As far as the exotic recipes are concerned, they are from the legendary Chef Imtiaz Qureshi with a modern presentation by the sous chefs.
#2 While you are bound to get spoilt for choice, some of the ‘must-try’ dishes from the menu are –
Kakori Kabab – the skewers of minced lamb are grilled on charcoal embers and will simply melt in your mouth.
Khameeri roti – is soft bread cooked in clay oven and topped with exotic saffron.
Safed murgh supreme – has strips of tender chicken tossed up in mild spiced cream and yellow chili gravy.
Jalebi pearls as the name suggests, the caviar of jalebi are worth savouring with royal rabri by the side.
#3 The view of Marine Drive is completely breath-taking! You would want to sit by the huge glass windows overlooking the Arabian Sea and get mesmerized.
#4 While the décor is classy, the ambiance is warm and welcoming.
#5 It is a place ideal for a traditional, sit-down family buffet but you can also enjoy some couple time or ‘me-time’ there as well.
– Sayanti Banerjee
Photo credit: Yogita Verma
Venue: Kebab Korner @ InterContinental, Churchgate, Mumbai