Getting the festive look right is easy when you mix and match the classy and the contemporary. That’s how you can stay on trend but rope in tradition at the same time. For that Diwali special look, here’s what you can try:
Go Indo-western:You will be able to achieve a boho-fusion look.
• Even if you do not wear ethnic clothes, wear traditional motifs or elements as prints on western silhouettes.
• Make sure the fit is semi-formal and the fabric is classy.
Let your make-up sparkle:Opt for a sparkling eye makeup.
• Outline the eyes neatly with khol pencil and smudge the edges softly. Keeps the line defining the waterline close to the lower lashes sharp.
• Touch up the eyelids with a hint of purple and blend it to the outer corners. From the middle of the upper eyelid smear glitter powder that you like.
• Your best bet can be the latest M.A.C Reflects Pearl in silver or gold to open up your eyes. Brush out the lashes with loads of mascara.
Try head turning hairstyle:Try the side braid that is making heads turn currently. It is simple and you can do it yourself.
• Brush all the hair on one side and start braiding neatly by weaving the strands such that the plait cuts across the face or close to it, like a textured fringe.
• Add an interesting hair accessory to bring on the traditional finish.
No matter what you do, have a Wow Diwali! -Sayanti Banerjee
Photo credit: Sanifa Dias
Makeup by: M.A.C Cosmetics Artist, Manseey Vorra from MAC PRO Store, Juhu Accessories: Ear cuff used as headgear from Forever21
When you think of indulging and forgetting about calories…You can never have enough of ice-creams!!!
I had my share of ‘happy high’ digging into an innovative array of flavours at Papacream. This latest outlet in Mumbai does not only serve up exotic frozen desserts but also an experience worth savouring.
Here’s what makes it a WoW hangout:
1# The chocolate and fruit jelly combination of Sushi never tasted better. It is a must try platter and can be shared too.
2# The window décor of a cart wheel with jars of yummy toppings is quite inviting. It is also perfect for a photo backdrop to add onto the memories.
3# The service is quick and thanks to liquid nitrogen technology that makes sure that your ice-cream does not melt into a watery soup easily.
While one of the most awaited Bollywood movies Tamasha is gearing up for Diwali release, the teasers are grabbing all eyeballs. I love Deepika Padukone’s sun-kissed hair colour that makes her stand out as an effortless diva in this romantic flick. I got the look this weekend and here’s what makes it WoW:
1# It is subtle yet sexy. You can carry if off fashionably with any outfit you like.
2# It is low maintenance as you don’t need a frequent hair cut and can wear it messy but still look classy.
3# It is trending on instagram currently as balayage or tie-die which is almost like hand painted hair strands. Try it now!
‘9 out of 10 people like chocolates’ and the 10th person is lying…
‘WoW’ I totally agree!
To satisfy my chocolate cravings that I no longer shy away from, I indulged myself @Artisan.
Here are the 9 reasons why you should try it too…
1. The newly opened Chocolaterie is a very French concept and you can live up this international experience.
2. You can pair your chocolates with tea, coffee or wine to go with.
3. Artisan can satisfy your chocolate cravings 24/7.
4. Pastry Chef Hanumanta Dhotre, has over 15 years of experience in the hospitality industry, his myriad food & beverage innovations will make you forget all about calories.
5. You must-try ¬–
• Dark Chocolate Coconut Truffle,
• Pumpkin Caramel Ganache,
• Mangiferra (which blends in mango cream with crunchy coco nibs)
6. The décor is classy with a contemporary finish where you can click some pretty selfies.
7. Watch out for the chocolate making classes to learn the art of chocolate making, yourself.
8. There are gifting options as well, so you can take back some yummies for your dear ones too.
9. The sit down lounging space makes you feel relaxed and ready for a sweet conversation…
10th one –
you should discover for yourself and feel Wow! -Sayanti Banerjee Venue: Sofitel Mumbai BKC
#1 As far as the exotic recipes are concerned, they are from the legendary Chef Imtiaz Qureshi with a modern presentation by the sous chefs. #2 While you are bound to get spoilt for choice, some of the ‘must-try’ dishes from the menu are – Starter: Kakori Kabab – the skewers of minced lamb are grilled on charcoal embers and will simply melt in your mouth. Main course: Khameeri roti – is soft bread cooked in clay oven and topped with exotic saffron. Safed murgh supreme – has strips of tender chicken tossed up in mild spiced cream and yellow chili gravy. Desserts: Jalebi pearls as the name suggests, the caviar of jalebi are worth savouring with royal rabri by the side. #3 The view of Marine Drive is completely breath-taking! You would want to sit by the huge glass windows overlooking the Arabian Sea and get mesmerized. #4 While the décor is classy, the ambiance is warm and welcoming. #5 It is a place ideal for a traditional, sit-down family buffet but you can also enjoy some couple time or ‘me-time’ there as well. – Sayanti Banerjee